Preparing for the CanTEST
Information for Test Candidates Booklet
The Information for Test Candidates Booklet includes examples of the different components of the CanTEST.
Courses and Tutors
The best way to prepare for the CanTEST is to take an academic English course at your local university or college. At the University of Ottawa, English as a second language (ESL) credit and intensive courses are available. Another option is to work with a tutor. Please contact the head of the ESL department at your local university or college. Language Testing Services does not provide test preparation courses or tutoring services.
Test Preparation Materials
The CanTEST has two products available to help candidates prepare for the test as described below.
The Practice Materials can be purchased online (credit card payment) on in person (Money Order only) at 70 Laurier ave E, room 130.
CanTEST Information and Practice Test
- Test strategy information;
- Full Listening Comprehension test, including audio CD;
- Full Skimming and Scanning test;
- Full Reading Comprehension test, including cloze test;
- Answer key;
- Includes all information from the CanTEST Information Book.
Cloze Test Practice Book
- Information about how to complete cloze tests;
- Ten practice cloze tests;
- Answer key.